Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sleepy

You know when someone wants to make a statement or ask a question, but they don't want to admit that THEY are actually the one making the inquiry? As in, "so I know this guy....", or "I have this friend who..."

Today Ben totally adapted a 3 year old version of this.

He stayed up late last night, had a busy morning playing outside and then had some quality time with his Auntie Alexis & cousins. He clearly had a full morning, and was starting to wind down. We were heading home, about to pull into our garage when he spoke up from the back seat:

"Mama, our car is really tired. Our car needs to stop driving now, eat some lunch, and then take a nap, okay?"

I just checked on him and he is now snoring like a baby. Naturally, the car is, too.

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest ever. I love Ben. He is a smart kid. I mean seriously. Already speaking in metaphor.

    ReplyDelete