Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Plethera of Information

Today feels like a bullet-presentation-of-information type of day. This is what happens when I store up all my blogging thoughts & stories while additionally failing to meet my quota of spoken words throughout the day.
  • Today Ben & I were outside working & watering in the yard and he came around the corner with a big smile on his face. I noticed that his....crotch-al region appeared very unusual. I asked him what he had done, to which he replied: "Oh nothin', Mama. I just put some rocks in my undies. I like the way it feels." Why, yes. Of course. Who wouldn't love rocks in their undies? Good gracious, boys are a kick.
  • The month-long watering commitment at my parents house (while they are doing heavens-knows-what in Maui paradise) is going pretty well. However, emphasis needs to be on the COMMITMENT part. I guess when you have four children who have all grown and left the nest, you invest in millions of potted plants that take hours and hours to upkeep. I'm serious. These people have plants on the driveway, roses in the front yard, pots in the front patio, pots & veggies in the side patio, plants in the back patio, and then two vegetable beds in the side yard. However, I will tell you that so far my favorite thing is finding the first 5-leaf branch on the roses, and then cutting those suckers back. I think it's time Dad lays off the rose fertilizer just a tad, because no one needs THAT many roses. Honestly. It's like a rose steroid-fest over there.
  • Last night my dear Liz & Dan kidnapped me and DRAGGED ME to the movies to see....wait for it....Drag Me to Hell (did you get the pun???). Yes, you read that correctly. I, Nicole Marie Dewig went and sat in a horror-ish type flick. Those of you who know me know that I hadn't even seen a truly "scary" movie until I was around 25. I just don't do scary movies- who wants to pay money to be emotionally and psychologically scarred for days? Not I. But...there was so much pleading and begging in Dan's (Findrick) voice, and then he whipped out the "but it's almost my birthday" guilt card, and well- what could I do? At the end of the day, it was an opportunity to get out of the house, hang with two of my favorite peeps, and hope to be entertained. I don't have much to say about the movie except that it was pretty awful, not scary at all (no, really- the movie didn't frighten me. The only time my heart raced out of fear was after Dan yelled in my ear to spook me, but obviously that doesn't count), and the theater was full of rowdy and rebellious overly chatty teenagers. BUT, we actually got some pretty great laughs out of it which reduced the movie to a slightly disturbing bad comedy. See? Another lesson learned in not judging a book (movie) by its cover (title). Thankfully, 'twas a night for double features, so we followed up with the wonderful Up which was pure loveliness. The first 10 min. alone were so adorable precious and funny that I was laughing so hard, I had tears. Go see it.
  • Do yourself a favor and watch this because he never ceases to amaze me, and I can't seem to get enough of his live album or DVD. And one of these days I'll blog about having backstage passes to his show, but never actually meeting him.....
  • I feel like there were many more things that were blog-worthy, but now after seeing how incredibly L-O-O-O-O-N-G this bit of information already is, I think it's a good time to conclude, and leave you all wanting more :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Dewigg

    I love your sweet and crazeee energy. You are having such a great time talking to yourself, i hope you don't mind me joining your one-woman parteee. It is so great to know that there are happy moms at home lovin their husband and babies. I see Whole Foods made the list.

    Guess whooooooooooooooooooo?????????????????

    ReplyDelete