Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sausage-ology

My dear Alicia has informed me that a recipe follow-up to my previous sausage blog would be appreciated. I could never deny her, so here it is. Wait until you see how sometimes the tastiest of all recipes really are the easiest!

Have fun diving into sausage heaven:

The Meschi/Dewig/Kathy Z. inspired Oven Roasted Sausage with Balsamic Onions, Carrots & Potatoes:
*Please note that the quantity of each ingredient is completely up to you, and how many mouths you'll be feeding. The amount I listed below was about 8 servings. Also, I did not include this the other evening, but I've previously used fennel in this recipe as well which is absolutely divine.
Ingredients:
1 large onion (red or yellow), cut into half circle slices
1 lb. sausage, cut into halves or thirds (of course, we recommend the world famous Corralitos Market sausage, specifically the linguisa because it's not too spicy for the kidlets)
Bag of baby peeled baby carrots
5 red potatoes, quartered
2-3 cloves minced garlic

Preheat oven to 425

Place all veggies/garlic into large bowl and drizzle liberally with olive oil, lots of kosher salt & pepper. Toss together, and place into large baking dish. Place sausages on top and carefully drizzle balsamic vinegar over everything. Toss to coat, if necessary. Roast in oven for 35-40 min. or until veggies begin to brown & caramelize & a knife cuts into potatoes easily. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I will have to try this very soon. Keep the recipes coming! xoxo

    ReplyDelete