Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tradition

Growing up in a family with some serious Italian roots, Sundays were always treated with extra special care- dare I say, almost sacred. There was church in the morning, of course. Then there was the "family day" rule, which meant we were to hang out together ALL DAY LONG and bond and make memories. This meant no friends over, no working, no doing anything other than family or homework. Naturally, I resisted this like it was my job. However, at the end of the day, there was always The Sunday Night Dinner. This I did not resist.

Well, I'm bringing it back. The Dewigs are now carrying on the tradition of The Sunday Night Dinner, hopefully as often as our calendars and pocket books will allow. It makes sense- start the week off right, have something that sets Sundays apart from the rest, set one dinner aside during the week that really allows me to show my family how much I love them. We are ringing in this revived tradition with one my mom's specialties, that I am only hoping I can sufficiently replicate: Roasted sausage with caramelized balsamic onions, potatoes & carrots. Don't worry, we'll totally post pictures of this sure-to-be masterpiece.

Thanks Corralitos Market for your world famous sausage creations. They are my muse this evening. Also, my parents probably aren't even aware that they just passed the torch to us, but regardless- THANKS, mom & dad for the great idea/tradition/memory maker. As it turns out, Meschi Family Days were a great idea after all!

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite dinners- a Kathy Zuffanelli recipe.

    ReplyDelete