Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Last Day of May Update

Already I'm laughing at this blog posting because I can tell it's going to be one of those ones that ramble on & on about lots of different things, and I was just telling my dear Liz how those blogs are always hard for me to read/follow because there's too much information. So....forgive me as I begin my hypocritical blog. It's the last day of May, and I just felt like there's been a few tidbits that I've neglected to share with my vast blogging audience (shout out to Alexis, my FIFTH official blog follower!) Also, if you are reading this and aren't officially "following" my blogs, will you, please? (FAVI! EDITH! LIZ!) Because, then I know that people actually read them. Or skim. Whatever is easiest.

Okay, I know I've shared this already with EVERYONE I KNOW, but it's time for all of you to meet the newest addition to the Dewig Family. Her name is Alice and we are quite fond of her:


She is the wonderful $700 espresso machine we scored on Freecycle (um, for free, naturally) and we are so in love with her and all her tricks and bells and whistles. She can brew espresso in pod form OR in the good ol' fashioned loose espresso form. Incidentally, we've been using her so much the past week, we've completely run out of espresso pods. This morning I felt a bit lost when I had to revert back to boring brewed coffee. Also, I thought I should mention that I am a huge fan of quality cappuccino foam. So far, Shiyah has proved to be the best foamer/barista, and I'm pretty sure I will hit her up on Tuesday night for lessons.

In other news, the Findricks took us to a concert on Friday evening to see Meiko all the way in SF, to celebrate Liz's 40th (!!!!) birthday. The fabulous Findrick/Dewig foursome was together once again (it's been a really long time) and it was nothing short of spectacular. The night included some boys vs. girls caravaning, margaritas, cranberry & vodka (sans vodka until my husband saved the day), very close proximity to Meiko herself, some very friendly banter between Dan F. & Meiko (I'm pretty sure they have identical B.F.F necklaces now) and some really helpful parking advice & assistance from a funny homeless man named Andre. Oh, how I miss SF! All I have to say about Meiko is she is a total doll, has a great sense of humor, has a really unique and different vibe, and now seeing her live, her voice kind of reminds me of Bjork. Here is proof of how close Meiko was to us as she walked on stage:
In other news, my parents have been in Maui for the last week, and will be there for THREE MORE. I miss them. I thought being a 30 year old woman meant you were old enough to not need your parents much anymore, but I was dead wrong. Apparently, they are two of my favorite people. Thankfully we've spoken almost everyday, and my favorite phone call came around 11:30-ish pm the other night, when my parents informed me they were cruising the strip in Lahaina. What a couple of party animals. I hope they are having a blast (and I hope next year they remember to bring us with them).

Also, my mom necklace arrived! It's wonderful, and I've gotten lots of compliments, and I've decided it will definitely be my everyday necklace. The only negative is that I've worn it in the shower about 3 times, and probably shouldn't have. I wanted to include a picture, but for some reason our less-than-competent camera can't capture an un-blurred snapshot of the necklace.

Lastly, only two more weeks of school for Dan, and I am once again re-discovering why I love having a teacher for a husband. Let the fun begin! Let the days of co-parenting begin! Let the days of co-naps, co-lunches, co-activities and thusly co-fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. Alice is beautiful. Welcome to the neighborhood! Can she come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart alice, and i cannot believe you scored that! did someone post OFFER: Alice and you scooped her up! so lucky for you that i was in palm springs when she was posted. and i want to come and show you my foaming abilities because i was a barista for 5 years and i am a total foam snob! love you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete