Friday, May 1, 2009

Sabotage

So, it turns out my son is trying to sabotage my chances at having any sort of green thumb. After all my seed shopping/planting/nurturing/categorizing/wishing/cuddling.....I decided to move the larger potted seedlings outside (and remove from windowsill) to get more intense sun rays. Not ten minutes later, I see Ben run inside to show me the sunflower seedlings ripped out by the root, and the soil from two of the pots scattered all over the lawn.
And so, everyone (all 4 of you, "followers") let the records show- IT WAS NOT I THAT KILLED THE PLANTS (THIS TIME). I will do everything in my power to resuscitate said plants, but I sort of feel set up to fail. Gosh, those almost-three-year-olds and their tricky, tricky ways. Maybe I need some sort of plant/garden alarm system.

Oh, and p.s. - the day after this happened, Ben came running in with two new "rocks". I guess I was too busy to really notice that these were not, in fact, new rocks. They were baby baby nectarines/peaches that he yanked off the trees. Perhaps I should threaten only store-bought canned fruit this summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment