Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday presents

Me: Ben, it's your birthday tomorrow! When you wake up you'll be 3 years old! Mama wants to make a special dinner for you. What would you like to have for your special birthday dinner?

Ben: Ummmm, I think I want hot dogs. And ketchup. And mustard. And....a napkin.

Nicole: How about a birthday present? Mommy & Daddy would like to get you a gift. If you could have anything, what would you like for your present?

Ben: I would like a Christmas Tree. With breakable ornaments on it.

Nicole: Oh wow. Um, it might be a bit too early for Christmas Trees. How about some trucks?

Ben: Nah. I think I want a grill instead.

Nicole: A grill? Like a BBQ? Like daddy's?

Ben: Yes.

Nicole: So you can pretend to cook food, just like daddy?

Ben: No. I want a grill so I can throw it on the fence in the yard.

Nicole: Okay, buddy. Mommy needs to think about all of this for a while.

3 comments:

  1. i love that, so what ARE you getting him! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I translated all his random present requests was "a tee ball set". That's what was screaming my name on aisle 16 at Toys R Us. He loves it, and I'm enjoying the extra outside time he's spending. Win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious, Nicole! I am curious how Ben would throw the grill on the fence. I'd love to see that...

    ReplyDelete