Friday, May 15, 2009

A gift

After a very long, stressful and tediously exhausting week last week, I decided to treat myself to this pretty little necklace:


Of course, I do not know Traeli & Jaxson (what are these alternative name spellings?) so my version will naturally say "Ben" & "Ella" with a heart on the top. It's what we call a "Mom" necklace, so that my children's names are next to my heart at all times. There are many reasons I'm excited for this necklace. 1) Hopefully, it will be a reminder to pray for my little ankle biters when I hear it clink around. 2) I NEVER EVER EVER purchase or receive jewelry. Ever. I'm a bit too practical for anything glimmery and beautiful, and I don't think it ever even crosses Dan's mind to purchase pieces of jewelry for me, because I'm thinkin' that would be quite the intimidating task. I'm pretty sure the last piece of quality jewelry I received was my engagement & wedding rings, which no longer fit me, thanks to two kids and the extra "baby weight" I'm still fighting with. 3) Speaking of being practical, I'm kind of hoping the multi-colored metal look of this necklace will tie in with just about every outfit I own. It's the piece of jewelry that keeps on giving. 4) The necklace is handmade, and it's creator offered a 10% discount if you used the code "Didn't get it", as in, "didn't get the Mother's Day gift I wanted OR didn't get a Mother's Day gift at all". Funny, right? And ever so helpful. And even more of a reason for me to have ordered it before the offer expired. 5) Darling Dan, if you ever read my blog, pay extra special attention to item #4 and remember to THANK ME for being a bargain hunter when purchasing jewelry for myself.

And after the taxing week I had last week, I kind of deserve it. I'll let you know when my precious arrives.

1 comment:

  1. It's even prettier (a) in person and (b) with "Ben" and "Ella" inscribed. I love it. Well done. Thanks for playing this weekend. I hope your babies are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete