Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On Why Ben Should Become a Lawyer

Cheese Pizza, Slice, AtlantaImage by LauraFries.com via Flickr

Me (after being away from the dining room, and returning after about 3 minutes): Ben, I told you that you are not allowed to have any more pizza until you finish all your salad.

Ben (who is sitting on top of the counter, face inside pizza box, ingesting an unauthorized, illegal 2nd piece of pizza): Ohhhhhhhhh, right.

Me: Ben, you knew that. I already told you that was the deal.

Ben: But MOOOOOOOOM! Um, I was just talkin' to Jesus about that, and he said it would be FINE if I had some pizza.

Me: Wow. I don't even know how to argue with that. Well done. Have at it.

1 comment:

  1. Your kid already knows to pull the Jesus card. He's a quick learner! I can't wait to meet him someday and hear the funny in person!

    ReplyDelete