Tuesday, July 28, 2009

An Angel

The other day I was at Target with the kids and after chowing down on a well-deserved Target snack, we were making our way out the door. We walked past a mom with a very tee tiny little baby in her arms. The baby was SO small, it looked like it must have just popped out a couple hours beforehand. But I was quite taken with how beautiful this baby was. Usually it takes awhile for babies to grow into their cuteness, but not this one. I couldn't help myself, and said to the sweet mom, "Oh my goodness, look at that precious angel! How old is she?" To which she replied, 5 days old. Then I told her how beautiful her baby was, and we were out the door and on our way home.

Later, as we were arriving home and pulling into the garage, Ben every so sweetly said to me from his car seat, "Mama? Remember when we saw a precious angel today? She was SO CUTE, wasn't she?!"

God is so smart because He knows that Moms who have mischievous 3 year old boys need precious moments, such as these, to replenish their patience and tolerance. It's a good thing he's so gosh darn cute...



No comments:

Post a Comment