Monday, September 27, 2010

Smitten

Broken HeartImage by Gabriela Camerotti via FlickrI love that, even after nearly 6 years of marriage, it still gives me goosebumps and butterflies to hear my husband on the phone say, "Alright, I'm packing up here at work and coming home now". I imagine that I might evoke the same feelings in him when I put a really big plate of pasta and a glass of wine in front of him after an exceptionally long day. I guess in our own little ways, we're learning what to say & do to keep this marriage alive and exciting. I'm so grateful I married a man that's as committed to the "long haul" as I am.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I love that 6 yrs is the long haul. Not that it's not an accomplishment. (Working in divorce court, I noticed many couples get divorced w/in like 2 yrs.) But Mrs. Kehoe mentioned recently that she was approaching the 50 yr mark and I was so humbled. You and Dan are totally, obviously, on your way there! (Hi, Dan! I'd sure get goosebumps and butterflies if there were a big bowl of pasta and wine on the table for me, you lucky dog!)

    ReplyDelete