Saturday, October 2, 2010

Footloose

Back in the day before I was married and had kids, I always pictured myself having spontaneous dance parties with my family, the kind where everyone genuinely lets loose and displays their inner dance genius. Then, once I met and fell in love with Dan, I knew these future dance parties would be inevitable. The man is a dancing machine, one I can hardly keep up with. On the dance floor he's been known to steal the show, particularly at weddings. There was the time he wore his tie around his head, bandanna style, while moonwalking. There was the time he used the trees at an outside reception as dance props. There was the time where SEVERAL people grew suspicious that he might be a "wedding crasher", given the way he moved with such uninhibited freedom. There was even a very animated T-Rex impersonation during the toast portion of our own wedding, but I digress.

So it should come as no surprise that our offspring have a deep passion for dancing, and find ways to incorporate it into our daily routine as often as possible. Example: After a long, tiring day, Ben might offer this gem of advice: "Mom, we should probably just go home, and have a dance party." And of course, we usually do because nothing can melt my anger or stress or frustration like seeing my babies trying to imitate their crazy parents on the living room dance floor.

I am beyond thrilled that I was somehow able to capture this mini mid-day dance party with the kiddos. Make sure to keep a close eye on Ben- all the way up to the very last second of the video.

Oh my.



Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. BEN!!!!! Oh.My.Goodness!!! Where did he learn THAT move? Have you and Dan been having naked dance parties? C'mon...tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God that is HILARIOUS. Inner monologue: my look-at-me's aren't cutting it... well... there's just one solution... BUTT! Ha! I knew you'd look!

    But also, they both totally have rhythm. Well done, genes! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm...Ella may have been holding back a little because, really, Ben's dance skills are a bit intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome video! All Ben is missing is a tie wrapped around his head! ;)

    I like his exit, the kid knows how to make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was pretty funny! I think the element of surprise made it the best.

    ReplyDelete