Thursday, March 4, 2010

True Confessions

Triple-Chocolate CheesecakeImage by Back to the Cutting Board via Flickr
So, I just ate a slice of cheesecake.

Triple chocolate. You know, THE most sinful kind of cheesecake that can possibly be in existence. So not only did I break the no sugar cleanse, I broke it and kicked it and slapped it and spanked it and punched it and then killed it. And then just for fun, I rolled around in it.

I have but one defense. I'm a weakling, and when Chocolate speaks to me, I listen. I will do WHATEVER chocolate tells me to do. Tonight, it told me to eat him. And I'm not one to disobey.

Also, Ben really wanted some cheesecake, and what kind of mother would allow her 3 year old his OWN slice of cheesecake just moments before bedtime? Not me. So really, I shared a slice of cheesecake, out of sugar-overload protection for my son. I'm telling you, parenting is unyielding.

I'd like to say that I feel riddled with guilt, but my body is in complete sugar-buzz mode and loving every second. There's a small party going on in my belly right now. My bloodstream's like, "HELLOOOOO SUGAR! How's it going old friend? It's so great to see you! Where have you been? Can you stay awhile?" and I can hardly sit still while I type and I'm fairly certain I could endure a Lord of the Rings marathon if I had to. That is, until I sugar-crash and burn.

And because I'm having a moment of complete honesty here, I feel it necessary  to report that triple chocolate = triple fun. It probably also = a triple roll on my thighs. TOTALLY WORTH IT!


Anyway, I'm pretty sure Lent will understand.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. I think Lent would have also eaten the chocolate cheesecake. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to take one for the team. Ben's brain development and blood sugar stability are indebted to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with those chocolate cravings. I didn't give it up for Lent this year (but gave up any alcohol) and it didn't quite feel the same. The dark chocolate Reece's have got me.

    ReplyDelete