Friday, March 12, 2010

She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain

We were greeted with cloudy dark skies and rain sprinkles this morning, and although I'm typically a huge fan of precipitation in general, I knew that what I needed today were some warm, sunshiney skies to lift my spirits and take us into this much-anticipated weekend. It's funny how the world of nature outside can often mimic life, isn't it? 

And then I looked outside at our peach & nectarine trees and I was thrilled by what I saw. Our first blossom flower of the year! We've had dozens of buds just waiting to burst open for a few weeks now, but this pretty little flower beat all the others to the punch. I realized that this is a huge indicator that Spring is around the corner, indeed. Pretty soon the dark, cold, rainy days will be over and brighter, longer, warmer days will take its place. I wonder how long this tiny little blossom flower had to endure the winter's chill before it was ready to burst open in full bloom? Pretty brave for a little flower if you ask me.

In the meantime, we endure the remaining storms, and we sit & wait with hopeful anticipation for the refreshing start of a new season. Thank God for new seasons, if not for any other reason other than clothes & fashion just don't get any cuter than Springtime, right?


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Edith, Sadie AND flower blossoms?! It really doesn't get any better. Thanks for being so present and lovely this weekend. And thanks to Dan for making two trips to the Lenzes - that's huge. And hug those little kids of yours. Only you'll probably have to tell Ben the hug is from Meagan, even though it's really from me, because he will apparently not settle for anything other than a Meagan hug.

    ReplyDelete