Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Bit of Advice

Have a Pancake!Image by TW Collins via Flickr
When the week is unrelenting and exhausting, I think it's vital to find ways to cut corners and keep on truckin'. It's Wednesday, and my family is in a deep state of survival mode. We're doing our best to get to Friday all in one piece, and I can hear my mother's soothing voice playing over and over again, "just let the little things GO!"  So, the laundry pile is 20 feet high, but my kids are safe and their tummies are full and there's been no blood shed.

I say, when life hands you buttermilk, make pancakes. And so tonight I looked in my fridge for dinner inspiration and decided upon a feast of fluffy multi-grain & flax-seed buttermilk pancakes and a swiss chard, mushroom & feta cheese scramble. Not too shabby for corner cutting, eh? I'm so grateful to have kids who think breakfast for dinner is a sign of a celebration rather than a sign of a frazzled and at-her-wits-end Mama.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Have I told you how much I love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls just inspired me! GREEN PANCAKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This grown woman still thinks breakfast for dinner is a cause for celebration...

    But I remember when I was young that I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

    One more thing: I love that your kids love a swiss chard, mushroom and feta scramble!

    ReplyDelete