Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Aftermath

There are many things that can be said about our Thanksgiving holiday experience this year. I have some wonderful little stories, some priceless photo documentation, and some personal thankful reflections, all of which I hope to write about sometime in the near future. But for right now, while it is still freshly imprinted on my heart, I had to share what unfolded not 5 minutes ago.

As I was kissing and hugging (and kissing & hugging and kissing & hugging...) Ben goodnight, he pulled away, looked me right in the eyes and with his little brow furrowed, exclaimed:

"Mama, so many days and so many nights, I still just love you."

That is what I am most thankful for at this very moment, and I have my suspicions that this feeling, along with the remnants from tonight's amazing leftovers, will be with me a very long time.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. oh. my. GOD. so precious. you are basically setting up the rest of us parents for disappointment. although the sadester has taken to crying when i go to work lately. there's a little ego boost for me. love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete