Friday, November 20, 2009

Duped

Starbucks 'Red Cup' 2005 (stocking)
The marketing folks at Starbucks are clever people, because my day-to-day allegiance does not even reside with them (my heart is and always will belong to Peet's), but today I was putty in their hands. I was walking by our local Starbucks minding my own business when I looked in through the large window and saw handfuls of customers inside, bundled up and avoiding the chill in the air, reading, chatting, drinking their lattes and web surfing. I'm a sucker for scenarios such as this- it's a well-known fact I love all things cozy. However, I was bound and determined to keep moving onto my destination and stay in a mode of productivity. But DARN IT ALL! Those adorable Starbucks red paper cups of holiday cheer that they use this time of year stopped me dead in my tracks. Suddenly, I was desperate for an Eggnog latte in a cute red paper cup, and nothing else would suffice. Whoever said money can't buy happiness isn't entirely correct, or perhaps they've never treated themselves to the holiday eggnog latte drink. Because $3.60 later, I am incredibly happy. And call me easy to please, but I just adore my little red cup. Real slick, Starbucks.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment