Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's Hard to Stay Out Past 10

Night life in Patong
It's not often I get out on a weekend night to have some good old-fashioned "girls night fun", so when the opportunity presented itself last night, I was more than ready to paint the town red. I got out of my sweats, threw on jeans, earrings and cute shoes. I was ready to sport the new haircut I'd received just hours before. I even applied two coats of mascara. However, two cucumber mojitos and one fantastic grilled portobello sandwich dinner later, I was rapidly losing my momentum as visions of my lonely warm and cozy bed danced through my head. My eyelids were getting heavy, my body in all of its satiated bliss was moving slowly, and my  toes were freezing. I was even battling the beginning signs of a scratchy sore throat. After walking aimlessly for a few minutes desperately trying to find the inner strength to sustain my "party" mode, I came up with what I thought was the perfect business proposition and began thinking outloud:
You know what would be awesome? Some sort of lounge/pub/restaurant, where the required dress code would be pajamas. Instead of high heels, everyone would be in cozy socks. It would be a comforting room with large soft couches. It would be completely appropriate to lie down, or talk with friends, or read a great book off in the corner. There would be candles lit everywhere, soft low lighting, multiple fireplaces with roaring warm fires crackling, classical music playing, down blankets available to all customers, and hot chocolate with marshmallows would be the drink special of the evening. I would TOTALLY go there right now.

To which my footloose and fancy-free sister, 7 years younger than I, rolled her eyes and responded, "Nicole, that place is called home."

Party on.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. It's true. You've been a homebody for a long time, Nic. But could you rally when I'm home for the holidays and go to red with me? I thought it was the Red Room (where we spent our own girls' night a few years back - I believe it involved a sprained ankle, head in toilet, and phrases like, "John, get out of my legs" - but was delighted to click on your sandwich link to find what looks like a delightful new(ish?) restaurant. I want to go there or that place up in the mountains the waiters sing. I bet my mom will babysit ALL the kids. You in?

    ReplyDelete