Tuesday, February 8, 2011

There Is Hope

Since the number one objective of this blog is to relay the everyday happenings of our little family, I can't not write about what we've indirectly been through and witnessed this past week. To write about anything else right now feels completely impertinent.

My sister-in-law's sister & her husband lost their beautiful 5 year old daughter, completely unexpectedly, a week ago Sunday. Most of you are quite familiar with the story by now, but for those of you who aren't, I believe this has been the most tragic loss our little community of friends & loved ones has ever experienced. It has literally rocked me to my core, made me slow down, hug my children more often, and rethink the things I've labeled as "hardships" in my life. How silly I can be, allowing something like a messy house to bring stress and discord to my home. How shallow I feel for occasionally allowing traffic to bring out the worst in me. It's beyond powerful when the life & death of a precious child can literally make you rethink your priorities in this world. Sweet Stella, if you only knew how much you've already impacted so many people!

Every day this week, I've woken up with a renewed state of mind: it is an honor that I get to spend today loving my children, my husband, and those I come in contact with. How blessed are those of us who have health, family, and love today....

My sister-in-law shared her own thoughts on this tremendous loss. I found it to be consoling and hope-giving, in a virtually devastating situation. In the midst of all of this, the power of love is truly irrefutable. You can read her beautiful tribute here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I read Alexis's post as well. Both v. nourishing, healing, and inspiring - particularly welcome after the shock and fear that we all have to process when faced with such tragedy. I hold Sadie's hand most every waking moment lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Edith. That just made me cry. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your beautiful sharing. I can only imagine how hard it would be to lose a child (especially so young). God bless them!

    ReplyDelete