Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mother of the Year

Truffles with nuts and chocolate dusting in de...Image via WikipediaAs a matter of fact, YES.
I am breaking into my son's Valentine's Day candy generously gifted to him weeks ago by his tiny preschool friends, all while he sleeps peacefully (and without clue) just down the hall. It's all in an effort to keep my resolution this year of eating 1) more kale (speaking of, try these and season it like crazy and have a party in your mouth) and 2) more chocolate. Because who wants to be on their death bed one day, regretting their under-consumption of chocolate? There are dozens of other things I'll be too busy regretting, so I refuse to let a lack of chocolate be one of them. So obviously in this instance, the ends totally justify the means. My son needs a strong, determined Mama who sticks to her resolutions, right?

Anyway, as I was picking through the precious heap of Valentine's, I noticed that his friends gifted mostly name-brand chocolate this year. Nice touch, kids. This has not gone unnoticed in this house. Buddy, you are such a great judge of character. Clearly, friends like yours who gift name-brand chocolate are friends you should hang on to forever. Because when it comes to chocolate, one should really go big or go home. Who has time to mess around with Hershey's when there are dozens of Dove chocolate hearts screaming your name?

And this has been another motherly pearl of wisdom I pass down to you, my darling son.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I love that your picture is from wikipedia. Because maybe I thought that you made those featured truffles. For Ben's classmates. And I was like, "hell, YES, you are mother of the year!"

    And then I realized that my assuming made a - well, you know - and I was like, "Yeah. Eating Ben's chocolate is important. No, you totally are mother of the year. Motherly pearls of wisdom are priceless. Truffles are lame."

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally mother of the year. I like to think of eating my kids' candy as helping their health by protecting them from all that sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to eat my kids candy when they are sleeping... Just thinking of their health. Tee Hee....

    ReplyDelete