Wednesday, October 7, 2009

All Things Pumpkin

I've always felt there's something particularly marvelous about a pumpkin patch. Maybe it all originates from watching Cinderella for the first time as a little princess myself,  and seeing that jolly old Fairy Godmother transform pumpkins into a carriage with her magical Bippity Boppity Boos. (I always wanted a Fairy Godmother. Or even a Godmother, really. When I realized there was no such thing as a Fairy Godmother, I'm pretty sure I took it much harder than learning there was no Santa Claus. Because Santa never changes ANYthing using Princess magic).

Maybe it's just because pumpkin patches inevitably = Fall. And boy oh boy, do I love this season. Everything about it screams cozy! The clothing, the weather, the food, the colors, the Pumpkin Spice Lattes, the invitation to put the flip flops away and replace them with boots, the football games, the decor, the fires waiting to be lit in the fireplace, the persimmon orchard in bloom at my parents house, the Pumpkin Cheesecake I'm going to make later in the week.... it all just feels like one giant hug to me. I want to cuddle up with a soy chai just thinking about this. In fact, that's a great idea. I'm going to indulge in my chai that is suddently urgently calling my name and leave you with pictures from today's first Pumpkin Patch Outing of the year (aside from the one we visit in our side yard, of course). This was Ella's first experience with a Pumpkin Patch and she was a natural. Tried to eat the pumpkins and everything. She was practically figuring out a way to whip up a pumpkin pie right then and there. Isn't she the smartest?



 

 

 








 

 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. hope this is not a repeat. i just lost the last 2 comments i made. I just wanted to say we are soul sistas when it comes to the colors and smells and tastes of fall. It is my most exciting, comforting, and creative all at once, especially October. Whenever I have been in the New England coast in October, I think I might die of beauty overdose in the explosion of reds, oranges, and shocking golds. Nothing quiet and serence about it. The fall colors in Vermont are seriously aggressive. I lost sleep over their surprising impact. When you add pumkins to the mix of New England church steeples, white nestled in rolling hills, ivy covered stone college campus, even high schools were beautiful, not to mention the down home friendliness of the few people that wonder about there. Its a slice of America that as child growing up across the world in the Far East coast, I always dreamed this wonderful country to be. You have captured the taste, smells, colors so
    deliciously. The pics are so vibrant, they are giving me pumpkin mania. Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete