Friday, August 7, 2009

Reincarnation

Reincarnation in artImage via Wikipedia

Tonight I realized that somehow along the way, Ben has picked up the underlying fundamentals of the whole reincarnation theory, especially as it relates to me. We were in a rush to get in the car and oh-for-peet's-sakes-let's-just-hurry-up-and-GO-already, and I was alone and flustered with trying to get both kids in the car, buckled in and happy. Here's what went down:

Me: Ben, hurry up. You can open the car door all by yourself. Hop into your car seat, and after I'm done buckling Ella in, I'll come around and help you get buckled. Hurry! You can do it!

Ben: But Maaaaaama, remember when you used to be a little boy, and I was the mommy? I would always open your door and help you get into your car seat, remember? That's why you have to help ME, Mommy.

Namaste, my son.



2 comments: