Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Only In Our Dreams

A few months ago I started a bedtime tradition of sorts, where before Dan & I turn off our lamps & kiss goodnight, we mutually agree on a location where we will be meeting that evening...in our dreams. I close my eyes, create the scene, and begin my dream in a magical place, my husband by my side and wait to see where my mind takes me. It might sound silly, but it's the most peaceful way to fall asleep I've ever come across, and since I'm a gal with an over-active imagination anyway, I relish in the process of picturing us romping around Greece, or drinking wine in Venice or soaking in the sun in Maui. It's exciting, adventurous and even more economical than the "staycation" craze we've all heard about. One of these days, I really ought to get myself some business cards with the title:
Nicole Dewig
Professional Dreamer & World Traveler, Extraordinaire
Inspiring & impressive, yes?

However truthfully, the reality of our non-travels can occasionally make me slightly depressed. I mean, there is no Greece or Venice or Maui in our REAL near future, and I'm sure that on a teacher's salary, traveling will have to be put on hold for many more years. But you know what they say; the mind is such a powerful instrument, that when it's experiencing something, it doesn't know the difference between being there in reality and being there in a dream.

Which practically means I freely travel the world- without even flying.













1 comment: