Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On Why Curious George is Now Banned From This House

Welcome, Tuesday morning. Here's what just unfolded 10 minutes ago:

Me: "Ben, I was just in your closet putting things away and I noticed the carpet in your closet is all damp. Do you know why?"
Ben: "Because I peed in there."
Me: "WHAT?????!!!!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEED IN THERE?"
Ben: "Moooom, it's okay! I was just really curious about that."
Me: "First of all, it's NOT OKAY. It's DISGUSTING. We are not animals. Secondly, the next time you get curious about something, you come talk to Mama first. Thirdly, we never EVER EVER EVER pee in our closet. I can't believe you did that, Ben."
Ben: "Okay, Mama. But I didn't pee once. I did it two times."
Me: "Super. Thanks for the full disclosure."
For the record, it's situations like these that dominate my daytime and prohibit me from doing things like, say, putting on makeup. Blow drying my hair. Responding to emails. Cleaning my bathroom. Thank you, God, for the institutional sized bottle of carpet cleaner waiting for me in the cupboard. I wonder how many calories one burns while cleaning pee-saturated carpet?


3 comments:

  1. I think cleaning pee carpet burns about 3,586 calories approx. Feel free to have a BIG glass of wine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm laughing on the outside and cringing on the inside. My insides know what's waiting for me in a few years, and they are not amused.

    ReplyDelete