Monday, December 7, 2009

A Perfectly Logical Explaination

Ben has been uncharacteristically mellow this morning. He's done a couple of unsual things, including sleeping in and requesting me to "cuddle up" with him (as opposed to the reverse). Of course, with it being a chilly morning at the height of flu season, this had me a little worried and suspicious. Here's what just happened:

Me: Buddy, are you feeling okay? Is everything alright?
Ben: (in a very unconvincing tone) Yes.....
Me: Are you sure?
Ben: Well, it's just that I'm having a hard time.
Me: (my panic increasing) Why? Does your tummy hurt? Do you have a sore throat? Is your body achey?
Ben: No....it's just that.....
Me: Sweetie, what is it?
Ben: I'm just so, so, so tired.
Me: Okay, well why do you think it is, buddy? Do you feel sick?
Ben: No. It's just that I feel like I'm going to have a baby really soon.
Me: Oh! Well....that really explains...everything. (Breathe sigh of relief)


3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. GOD. Ben is amazing. AMAZING. I love him. And, DUDE, I empathize. Being about to have a baby is tough. Let him know that this is the easy part though and that he should go out to dinner and see a lot of movies before the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Calvin had a baby once. It "popped out" of his neck in Vegas. We all got to hold it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they just "pop" right out. Let him know.

    ReplyDelete