Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Affirmations

Sesame Street Fever album coverImage via Wikipedia

This morning while Ben and I were watching Sesame Street together, two wonderful things happened. The first is this ridiculously hilarious skit that you must all treat yourselves to viewing (here's an enticement: it's entitled Desperate Houseplants). We've seen this many times before and always appreciate it, for different reasons of course. Ben gets a complete kick out of the fact that I am getting a complete kick out it. Until Ben came along, I hadn't seen much Sesame Street since I was a kid, so it's been a blast to see what they are doing on the show these days. I don't think this is dependent upon whether or not you have kids AND I do not think it's a matter of opinion. IT'S FUNNY! Also, if you're a fan of 30 Rock, then it's essential you check this one out, too. I think I've just added "Writer for Sesame Street" to my bucket list. What a bunch of geniuses.

The second great thing of this morning was when Ben turned to me at some point and said,

"Someday, I will grow up to be a Mom. Not a bad Mama, I will grow up to be a good Mama. Just like you."

Obviously, the moment was too precious to squelch it with explanations of how & why he can only ever be a daddy and never be a mommy. So I just nodded and smiled and kissed his chubby little cheek. Man oh man, I love that kid.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments: