Friday, April 17, 2009

Here I go

Truth be told...I have always wanted to blog. But I really never feel like I have anything of much interest to share, so who would ever read my posts besides myself, and my husband who would be forced to do so? And even if I did, when would I possibly have time to sit down and attempt to make the blogging world proud, or at least not disappointed? And what if the things I think are intersting or funny just aren't to anyone else? And then, for some unknown reason, tonight I just didn't care about any of that anymore, and found myself here, knee deep in the world of blogging. It might have something to do with the fact that Dan isn't here tonight, and I'm feeling part lonely without him/part too tired to do anything else but sit here in front of my laptop.

Lately it seems the more I surf around the internet and see more & more people utilizing this wonderful little creation of the blog, the more I realize I could at least take a stab at it. Honestly, the real & truest reason for taking a dive into the blogging world is that Ben is now almost 3 years old, and honestly the things he's saying & doing these days BLOW ME AWAY. Like...on an hourly basis. And I'm so much faster at typing than actually grabbing a pen, finding his baby book, and then sitting down to document all of these little tidbits, so I thought this might also double as a "remember when?" journal. Of sorts. Also, my sweet baby girl is getting closer to a whole HALF YEAR OLD, and after Ben & I cozied up together on the couch this evening to re-watch (the safe parts) of Ella's birth, I realized that it feels like it just happened 2 days ago, and yet I feel like she's been with me for years and years, all at the same time. I think only a mom can totally understand that. And finally, and perhaps most important of all, Dan's dear parents live in New Mexico, and there are so many things that I wish I could share with them in person. I miss having them around, and I know they miss us too, and so this is also an attempt to keep them (as well as all of Dan's family) "in the loop". The Dewig loop.

And so, my phantom readers, this certainly won't be the most exciting of all blogs. Probably not the funniest, wittiest or most entertaining- to be honest, the kids suck most of that creative energy out of me during the day. BUT, this is one blog written with a ton of love, from a mom who desperately loves her husband and children, and wants to try to capture as many precious moments in time as possible, and hold on to them for just a wee bit longer. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment