Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Reading Between the Lines

In my mind, if a new wine aerator arrives on your doorstep just minutes before lunch prep begins, clearly it is a sign that God wants you to have a wine break with lunch. So that's what I'm doing. After all, it is Lent, and I wouldn't want to be disobedient. And who knew a glass of aerated wine would go so nicely with carrots & turkey slices, anyway?

In other news: Thank God I didn't give wine up for lent. Because then this would be a terribly tempting and ultimately disappointing afternoon.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sista. Plus, I assume Ella and Ben were around so you weren't faced with the awkward predicament of whether to drink or not to drink alone... I hope the aeration made all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up dessert for lent, and my brother brought over a delicious looking (and I'm sure tasting) homemade blueberry cheesecake on the first day! Yup, it's like the wine aerator coming if you had given up wine!

    ReplyDelete