Friday, February 12, 2010

Sassypants

So during my time of being MIA from this blog, my baby girl officially (and FINALLY) became a walking girl. I know! Very. Big. News. And although this is what I've been yearning for quite some time now (no offense Ella, but 25 pounds is a bit much to lug around all day, and these hips of mine aren't what they used to be since birthing two babies), I find I'm the slightest bit...sad. Because, let's face it: it's official. Ella totally doesn't need me for anything anymore. I mean, aside from the whole feeding her/protecting her thing. Ohhhh, the emotional conflict that is parenting.

Anyway, I've discovered over these last 15 months of her life that she is gifted in many areas, but perhaps the two areas she continues to excel in are 1) being ridiculously cute and 2) being ridiculously sassy. She is doing things that shock me on a daily basis that seem FAR TOO EARLY for her to have mastered. Like, quality Academy Award Winning Performances such as arching her back when I'm trying to buckle her in the carseat. Or throwing herself on the floor (face down) and crying bitter tears when I use that painful word, "NO". There is a very strong shoe fetish that has already developed. She sometimes appears to intentionally soil her outfit of the day, JUST SO I CAN CHANGE HER INTO A NEW ONE. She's crazy for anything that resembles a baby doll. And I'm fairly certain the other day she attempted to roll her eyes at me out of pure disgust and annoyance. Ever since then, I've been expecting her any day now to say something like, "Uh, Mom, can you, like, drop me off at the park, like, a few blocks away so, like, not all my friends see you? And why can't we have a cooler car? Honda's are SOOOOO last year. By the way, can I like, borrow $20? And your mascara?"

And we haven't even scratched the surface of the impending PMS/raging hormone years. I'm pretty sure I have NO IDEA what I'm in for down the road. Lord, have mercy.

Which is precisely why I force myself to take little videos, such as this one, so that I can look back 15 years from now and say, see? Isn't she wonderful? Isn't she the most darling, precious thing you ever did see? Don't wring her neck! Instead grab her and make her watch these sweet home videos that show just how crazy I was for that baby girl, and how one look with those chocolate brown eyes of hers, and I am putty in her chubby little hands.



3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. And I love her rad belly almost as much as the pride she shows for that belly. And her pigtails. I cannot wait for pigtails. Can't wait to see this darling and her crazy big brother in less than a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so awesome!! I just want to kiss her little face! I'm in agreement with E-NC about the hair. I think I might make Luke have long hair so I can put it in pigtails. Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! She's adorable! I love those little piggy tails too.

    ReplyDelete